Three indians have recently been murdered by a gang of masked outlaws. Each had a silver medallion that was part of a puzzle which is said to reveal the location of a lost city of gold.
- Ross Brady ... Douglas Kennedy
- Sheriff Oscar Matthison ... Charles Watts
- Mrs. Frances 'Fran' Henderson ... Noreen Nash
- Padre Vincente Esteban ... Ralph Moody
- Paviva ... Lisa Montell
- Chief Tomache ... John Miljan
- Dr. James Rolfe ... Dean Fredericks
- Redbird ... Maurice Jara
- Travers ... Bill Henry
- Wilson ... Lane Bradford
In 2001 VCI Entertainment released two versions of The Lone Ranger and the Lost City of Gold on DVD. A single-disc full-screen version was issued along with a 2-disc "special edition," which included full-screen and widescreen versions, along with a selection of bonus features. These included the 1990 induction ceremony of Clayton Moore into the Cowboy Hall of Fame, as well as the 1993 induction ceremony of Jay Silverheels also into the Cowboy Hall of Fame.
In April 2011, Vivendi Entertainment released a double-feature DVD including both The Lone Ranger and The Lone Ranger and the Lost City of Gold.
- In all of their radio and television adventures, the Lone Ranger and Tonto had never killed anyone. This film, the final appearance for Moore and Silverheels, appears to change that. Two bad guys definitely seem to meet their demise at the hands of the heroes. Tonto hurls a knife at one villain, while the Ranger shoots another enemy off of a nearby roof. Bodies are not seen, so it is possible the villains survived, but it certainly seems they have been killed.